How do I rename an existing profile in Urchin software?
Existing profiles cannot be renamed, however, you can create a duplicate profile with all the same data and settings under a new name which will provide the same result as changing the name of an existing profile. In order to do so, you will need to copy the original profile, edit the domain settings and move the report data.
Copying the Profile:
- From the Urchin control panel select the Configuration menu.
- Use the ‘copy’ button to copy the profile you wish to rename.
- Enter a Website URL and any associated domains for the new profile.
Moving the data:
- Open a command shell and stop the Urchin services: ~urchin/bin/urchinctl stop
- Create a new data directory for the new profile
- This directory must be named exactly as the profile is named. Use %20 for any spaces used in the profile name: Example ‘new profile name’ should be written as ‘new%20profile%20name’
- Ensure the new directory has the same ownership and permissions as the original profile directory.
- Move all data files from the original profile data directory to the new directory.
- Start the Urchin services again: ~urchin/bin/urchinctl start
NOTE: the default location of the Urchin report data is ~urchin/data/reports/[profile-name]/