Are there any helper scripts for Urchin 5?
Urchin has created a number of Perl script that can be used to extend the functionality of Urchin 5 software. These scripts are hosed on the Urchin help site and can be found here:
The following scripts are available from Urchin by Google for your use. These scripts are provided for advanced users for their use in customizing their Urchin experience â€“ please note that we are unable to provide support for the installation or use of these scripts.
- u5data_extractor.pl: Script to retrieve data from the urchin.cgi engine and print a text-based report, which can be emailed, converted to HTML, etc. http://download.urchin.com/support/u5data_extractor.pl
- u5scan_historylog.pl: This script will parse the Urchin 5 scheduler history file for errors for a particular date and print a notification if any profile exits with a non-zero exit status. http://download.urchin.com/support/u5scan_historylog.pl
- archive_udata.pl: This Perl script examines the specified Urchin reporting data directory and performs pruning and compressing operations based on the command line options specified. http://download.urchin.com/support/archive_udata.pl
- weblog_rotate.pl: Rotates the specified logs and names them with yesterday’s date. The script also restarts the web server with a specified command and optionally compresses old logs and removes them after a certain period. http://download.urchin.com/support/weblog_rotate.pl
- split_logs.pl: Splits an Apache Extended Combined access log into individual logs based on the virtual host logged in the second field. http://download.urchin.com/support/split_logs.pl
- purge_udata.pl: This Perl script examines the specified Urchin reporting data directory and performs pruning of monthly Urchin databases based on the command line options specified. http://download.urchin.com/support/purge_udata.pl